7.14.2009

Yippee visitors!

This weekend, Lyndsey and I had our first round of visitors! I was so excited to see Shayla and Carrie that Kati and I kept peeking out of the window waiting to see their car! We had a great visit and really enjoyed having familiar faces around. After a foiled trip down to Hamilton Pool (the bacteria levels were too high..... stupid right?), we had a glorious day just bumming around. Here are a few pictures from our weekend! 
Before heading out to Barton Springs, we headed over to the farmers market! Here's Carrie showing off her loot- lots and lots of baby tomatoes!


After the springs, we went to one of my favorite restaurants here, Enoteca Vespaio. You may remember from the miniature octopus post :0) 

Love the Farris Buellers Day Off glasses Shay!!


After lunch, we hit up Sugar Mamas, the most glorious bakery in town. I guess we had a little too much to eat because we all promptly fell asleep when we got back home. When we woke up, it was time to hit the pool again before visiting the bats!

Later that night, you guessed it, we were eating again. This time, we made the trip up north to yogurt planet. Oh MY it was sooo good! They have tart yogurt and you get to throw whatever toppings you like into your cup. It is sooo yummy and we all enjoyed our late night snack. 


This was mine: tart yogurt with blackberries, kiwi, strawberries, raspberrys and a scoop of chocolate chips! Heaven!



On Sunday,  we said goodbye to the girls and Lyndsey and I decided to go to a local bead shop. We'd both been eyeing a few necklaces and decided to try our hand at making a custom piece for ourselves. Here is my creation. I was thrilled when my total was only $18 as compared to my inspiration piece at $160! 

That's all for the weekend checkin! We had a great time, and I cant wait to have more visitors head down our way! 






2 comments:

  1. l o o v e s s s you!

    gorgeous beaded necklace. i am impressed with your mad beading skills.

    miss you. (already! i know i'm pathetic w/o you!)

    anonymously yours, carebear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE NECKLACE!!!


    I was crafty this weekend too!! me and jenna made awesome knockoff peacock feather headbands that we saw WAY over priced at urban outfitters!!

    Erum

    ReplyDelete